Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Mary Kay Lesson


Last night I attended my second Mary Kay weekly meeting. And it started with the usual...lots of clapping and songs, and reports and gifts and rewards and food. But the last hour was devoted to a lesson that I found very interesting and valuable. We learned the "DISC" personalities. We began by doing the worksheet ourselves. I was definitely an "S."-supportive, stable, sentimental, shy, etc. Second, I was "C"-calculating, concerned, careful, etc, third, I was "I" influencing, impressive, inspirational, etc, and fourth I was a "D"-dominant, driven, demanding, etc. What I found really interesting about "DISC" is the idea that you should try to become equal in all of the personality types. I agreed that everyone contains some of all of these personalities (depending on the circumstances), but in order to become a well-rounded person you should try to become equal in all of them. I think that is a cool goal. I would love to come a bit more of a "D" while still keeping some of the good "S" qualities. I am so glad that I was able to learn about "DISC" last night because it will definitely help me in my Mary Kay business...it will help me to read people and understand what they are thinking and why they are thinking it. This will help me to know how to present products and ideas to them in a way that will appeal to them. Wow...I am learning so much!...and I have only just started Mary Kay! Yay!
And by the way...I want to be driving a PINK Cadillac SRX in 5 years!!

No comments: