Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February Creations



I have three things to share for the month of February. The first is Emma's blessing day scrapbook page. I love red, black, and white together...it makes it dramatic...plus, it makes Emma's beautiful white dress pop! The second is Ben's valentine's day card. I used the same paper as the scrapbook page and the same black sticker chipboard letters. I am a huge fan of chipboard letters...no cutting or coloring...and they look great!

The third creation is a Mexican Pasta recipe. Ben and I ate this pasta dish last night...mmmm. This is a modification of Becky's "Easy Mexicali Dinner."

Ingredients:
  • ~1lb beef
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 3 cups cooked pasta (i used bowtie)
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes with lime juice & cilantro
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 small can sliced olives
  • ~1 cup chedder cheese (divided)

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet brown hamburger with the onion. Pour off fat. Cook pasta while browning the meat.

  2. Add cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients to the skillet, except just half the cheese. Mix together, then top with remaining cheese. Cover and let simmer for ~10 minutes.

  3. Serve with ranch dressing or sour cream. We also had biscuits. Yum!

6 comments:

The Kyles said...

You are such a mom!! that is awesome! your cards and scrapbook pages look awesome! I hope you guys are doing great! Keep updating your blog, I like to hear from you guys! :D

Rosie said...

I LOVE your scrapbook page and your card is so cute. Can I be cute like you? please? =)

Dallas and Abi Makin said...

The recipe sound good! and it looks easy too.. I might try it sometime =) I still can't believe you have a little one! She is so cute! I'm glad that we can keep up with each other through the blogs =)

The Kyles said...

We totally bought them at RC willey... hahah great minds think alike! I can't believe we have the same couches!! that is just so funny... :DI hope you guys are doing well... love ya!

Bennett family said...

Aren't blogs great? Your pages are darling! My blog site is
http://rkbennettfamily.blogspot.com
It's such a great way to stay in touch!
Kimberly Bennett

We are the Turner's! said...

I loved looking at your blog. Your blog is so awesome. It is so adorable. I love your creativity! Thanks for posting the recipe! I saved your recipe. I will try it soon! Katie, you are incredible!