Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Real Forks

While visiting Ben's parents in Seattle a few weeks ago, Becky (his mom) and I decided to visit Forks. I wanted to see what the town and area were really like as opposed to what my imagination had. Visiting Forks on purpose must officially make me an official crazed fan...and that's okay...I accept that. I must say that Forks, La Push, and even Port Angeles has embraced their new found fame. At the Forks Chamber of Commerce there was an employee there just for Twilight fans! And I was (pleasantly) surprised that we weren't the only "Twilight tourists" visiting Forks. There were some college students there for Spring Break, some teenage girls on spring break, some groups of moms, and even a few families (husbands, sons, and everything) there, too. We had a blast! Here are some highlights from Twilight

Here we are at the Forks Chamber of Commerce. They found a truck that looks like Bella's. And yes, we really were in Forks...it just happened to be a beautiful sunny day!


This bumper sticker made me laugh

Dr. Cullen's parking space at the Forks hospital.


The real Forks high school. At least for they got the sign right for the movie


This bed and breakfast was dubbed "the Cullen's house" on our tourist map.
This whiteboard was on the porch of the house...pretty cute.
In Forks we also saw and got pictures of the Police Station and "Bella's house."


We then made our way to La Push...apparently this is the boundary line. :)
There wasn't a whole lot in La Push to take pictures of, but when we got to 1st beach I took a ton of pictures! I love the ocean. It is so beautiful and the noise of the waves at high tide is amazing.




On our way back home we stopped in Port Angeles for dinner and we had to eat at Bella Italia. :) The food was pretty good...but I enjoyed Emma's pizza more than my own fancy salad.



And the bookstore was on the same block as the restaurant...and the movie theater, too.

What a busy day! We left the McKee's house at 8:30am and got back about 8:30pm. Pheww! What am awesome day!

7 comments:

Erika said...

That's awesome! Thanks for posting the pictures for those of us who may never make it out there but have been curious for quite some time :-)
What fun!!

Brent and Emily said...

Wow. That's pretty cool that you went there. Its pretty funny what they have come up with.

elizabeth said...

What a fun trip! That makes me want to try to convince Dave even more to watch the movie with me. (He refuses to watch it). I'm glad you got to see your family.

elizabeth said...

Now I really feel stupid. I didn't know you had to approve of my messages. I wrote the same thing twice bc I thought I wrote the wrong word verification. I guess you can just delete my last two, or just prove how stupid I am. :)

Campbell Family said...

What a fun trip! That is so cool that you got to see some Twilight spots!!!! My sister lives just outside of Seattle and I'm hoping to get out there later this year. Maybe I'll get to stop bt Forks to be bitten again:) So fun...you guys are too cute!

Jason and Dana said...

That's something Emma is going to be able to brag about when she's older! Haha, how fun!!! I want to go someday, don't know how or when....but still!

Bennett family said...

That's so fun that you could go there! I'm a fan as well!