Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Scriptures Rock!


For whatever reasons, I have had a really tough winter. Plus, I really hate the snow and the cold! I have good days, but sometimes life can be just crappy. Thankfully, I found a scripture that has helped me to feel better.

Alma 36:3 reads:

"...whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, in their troubles, and in their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

I really needed that today. I am so grateful for the scriptures. They can definitely help push away gray clouds and reveal a beautiful sunny day! I know that trials are meant to help us become better, stronger...more Christ-like. And thank goodness for the scriptures to help us get through those storms!...and these crazy Iowa winters! :)

3 comments:

We are the Turner's! said...

Thank you for sharing that scripture. I needed to read that one again. I need to constantly remember this scripture when I am having rough times! This has been a tough winter. Spring will be here soon! You are an awesome person with so many amazing talents! I hope you have an incredible week!

Shauna said...

Thanks Katie! I needed that scripture!

Abby said...

Katie you are adorable..I love you!! The scriptures really are quite amazing!!