Monday, September 8, 2008

When you join the Berrey family...

When Ben and I were dating I remember him telling me that he wasn't that fond of golf. My first thoughts were, 'When we get married that is certainly going to change'...and so it has. When you join the Berrey (my maiden name) family, you inevitably learn to love golf. As soon as Ben got his own golf clubs (from my parents, of course) he was immediately hooked to the game. How hooked?...well, while I was in labor with Emma guess what he was watching on TV?...a golf tournament-the British Open. My sister-in-law Elizabeth has also taken up the game. And my neice Shayla asked my parents for her own golf clubs for her 8th birthday. So golf is just a way of life for the Berreys. So it will make sense when I tell you that we took Emma golfing with us when she was just 11 months old. Start em young...Well, actually, when I was ~6 months pregnant Ben and I went golfing...I carried my own clubs and everything.

Here are a few pics of our golf outing with Emma, while we were in Idaho/Utah...and a fun pic of my little family at BYU (you can see the Y way up on the Mountain)...go COUGARS!



My dad is showing Emma a golf ball and golf glove...lessons from Grandpa.

I really like this picture.
Emma loved riding on the golf cart...she loves anything that makes wind blow in her face.
Ya gotta wear a hat when golfing! Emma wasn't a fan of her sunglasses.



3 comments:

The Kyles said...

That is so funny and cute too! David took golfing classes this summer he even has his own golf clubs! He looked so cute! I just drove the cart, that is my favorite part! hahaha it sounds like you are doing great and congrats on the red jacket thing!! :D

Campbell Family said...

You gotta love that Cougar pride! Just wait until Emma can scream "GO Cougars" while you guys are watching a BYU Football game. Dave has both of our kids doing that and it's great! Cute pics!

New Beginnings. said...

If Andy saw this post, I bet he would wish he were in your family- Andy LOVES Gold!